The Best Plantation Shutters For Quick Staining
The truth about 85% of people is that they like variety. Whether it’s what to do over the weekend, the temperature in their home, or which elements to incorporate in their home’s interior design. For those that change their furniture or simple décor often, plantation shutters are one such element that can offer the stability of something in the room that doesn’t need to be removed, yet variable enough that they can match many styles. Staining is a technique that can be applied to any of our wooden shutters, but there are some woods that accept the stain more easily.
The top 5 shutters that take stain easily are:
- Knotty Alder Plantation Shutters: A benefit of this hardwood is that it has no problems with sap or mineral streaks allowing it to have an even, uniform appearance in grain and color.
- Ash Plantation Shutters: This wood can be made to blend with other woods, such as oak, by simply tweaking the stain. This is best achieved when using a medium to dark color, so that the natural pigments of the two woods don’t interfere with the finish.
- Knotty Pine (Eastern White Pine) Plantation Shutters: This wood absorbs the stain easily, most often using a light stain color to highlight the knots and the warmth of the wood.
- Mahogany Plantation Shutters: This wood not only accepts stain well, but when it does it has a lustrous quality. Dark, rich browns with red undertones are the most common complement to the natural beauty of this wood.
- Wormy Chestnut Plantation Shutters: Wormy Chestnut does well with a simple, light stain to show off its beauty. A tobacco color, for example, nicely accents the wood’s unique characteristics.
If different, in a good way, is what you’re looking for to dress your windows then look no further than Kirtz® Shutters. We have something to suit every window design and every homeowner’s style. Not only do we make the plantation shutters custom to your home’s windows, but we can also make changes to the natural color of any wood you choose simply by staining! If you have a custom project in mind give us a call at 1-800-416-6455.